HEG is Europe’s largest privately owned hosting provider. Through its brand 123 Reg, it is the largest domain registrar in the UK, registering over 3 million .co.uk and .uk domain names, and through its brand PlusServer, it is the second largest Managed Hosting Provider in Germany. With over 1000 employees globally, HEG helps small businesses and large enterprises make the most from the internet. HEG operates its own data centre facilities across Europe and the US and has more than 7 million domain names under management, servicing more than 1.7 million customers. This makes HEG one of Europe’s leading hosting providers of solutions for small and medium sized business.
We believe that great people make great companies, so we pro-actively recruit passionate and creative individuals to drive our business forward. You will be able to enjoy a fun and friendly working environment and a great benefits package.
HEG Leeds are currently hiring for a Data Centre Operations Engineer to join our team. Working within a team of DCO’s you will manage the day-to-day ticketing queues, ensuring rapid response to urgent matter from both data centres. In addition you will be responsible for any ad-hoc facility maintenance as a whole.
- Pro-actively monitor all bespoke monitoring systems (servers, platforms and data centre environments)
- Perform remote-hands functions for customers, reboots and checks
- Deliver effective solutions and support to Dedicated Server customers via any active support medium employed (e.g. ticket, phone)
- Install new equipment and/or cabling into the data centre
Specifically for Managed Dedicated Server and Managed Service customers
- Manage the day-to-day ticketing queues, ensuring rapid response to urgent matters from both data centres
- Organising and carrying out physical server migrations for Dedicated and Managed hosting customers
- Check generators, air conditioning units, cabinet capacity on regular intervals, escalating issues
- Assist with the re-fit of new data centre, this includes emptying, monitoring contracted engineers, then re-filling new data centre whilst maintaining high cabling/rack standards
- Daily backing up of systems, especially Daisy co-location customers
- Keeping track of hardware levels (dedicated and custom) and ordering where necessary
- Keeping track of all Asset Management systems, for both Dedicated Customers as well as the Internal Systems Platforms
- Medium Level Windows and Linux based systems administration and problem identification.
- Meeting and exceeding the outlined Support SLAs
- Documenting and writing wiki-based learning materials
- Writing and suggesting process improvement
- College course in a related field (IT, Computing), Good exam pass at School (A to C grading)
- CCNA, MCP level training, equivalent Linux OS college training. 3-4 year Degree in a similar field i.e. computing
Essential General Skills
- Swift typist
- Well Organised
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Good time management
- Well spoken
- Ability to speak in lay terms
Desirable General Skills
- Project organisation
- Structured approach ensuring all is documented
- Strong Team Player
- Understanding of Linux, (Apache and MySQL, command line skills)
- Understanding of Windows (ISS, MSSQL)
- Understanding of SMTP, POP3, FTP, HTTP fundamentals of internet technologies
- Understanding of basic networking principles and technologies (VLAN’s, Routing, Switching etc)
Desirable Technical Skills
- Good understanding of network diagrams
- Good understanding of hosting technologies and how they are put to use within a hosted environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Networks and security – specifically Cisco
The working hours:
You will be required to work 40 hours per week, involving a shift rota to support a 24×7 operation. Details of your rota will be provided to you upon joining the Company. Shift patterns can/will include all seven days of the week, 24×7, inclusive of Bank holidays.
Does this sound like the kind of role your technical talent deserves? Click here and complete your application on our in-house system.