GoDaddy is looking for a Data Centre Operations Engineer, to work in a hands-on management and maintenance role in our state of the art 24×7 data centre facility in Leeds. Starting salaries range from £19k to £21k plus great benefits. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career and work within an industry-leading tech company.
GoDaddy’s mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures – helping our customers kick ass by giving them the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
GoDaddy is looking for a Data Centre Operations (DCO) Engineer, to work in a hands-on management and maintenance role in our state of the art 24×7 data centre facility in Leeds.
- Working within a team of DCO Engineers, monitor and manage the day-to-day ticketing queues, ensuring rapid and effective response to urgent matters arising in the data centres
- Carry out ad-hoc and routine facility maintenance, installations and migrations across the site as a whole
- Pro-actively screen all bespoke monitoring systems, for servers, platforms and data centre environments
- Carry out remote maintenance and remedial functions for customers, including reboots and system checks
- Deliver effective solutions and support to customers with dedicated servers via any active support medium employed (e.g. ticket, telephone)
- Install new equipment and/or cabling in the data centres
- Manage and help improve routine processes, such as system back-ups, asset tracking and ordering etc.
- College-level or equivalent qualification in a related technical field (e.g. IT, computing); in addition, CCNA, MCP-level training or equivalent Linux OS college training is beneficial
- Good communication and organisational skills, with a structured approach to planning and documentation
- The ability to integrate as a member of a close-knit team
- On the technical side, an understanding of
- Linux (Apache and MySQL, command line skills)
- Windows (ISS, MSSQL)
- SMTP, POP3, FTP, HTTP fundamentals of internet technologies
- Basic networking principles and technologies (VLANs, Routing, Switching etc.)
- In addition, the following would be beneficial
- An understanding of network diagrams
- An understanding of hosting technologies and how they are put to use within a hosted environment
- Working knowledge of Networks and security – specifically Cisco
- The flexibility required to work a shift pattern that can/will involve all seven days a week, 24×7, including bank holidays
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days total per annum)
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Casual dress code
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free snacks, cereal and soft drinks
- A games room, with plenty of opportunities to have fun!
- A dedicated, continuous training program
- Great opportunity for advancement within the company across a variety of roles
Please note: all roles are shift-based that can/will involve all seven days a week, 24×7, including bank holidays.
GoDaddy is an equal opportunity employer.
At GoDaddy, we’re in the business of hosting great ideas. We’re also in the business of building great careers! Isn’t this where you really want to be?
Click “here” and complete your application on our in-house system.