GoDaddy’s mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures – helping our customers kick ass by giving them the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
GoDaddy is looking to expand the System Administrator team, based in our central Nottingham office. With a competitive salary plus great benefits, this is an excellent opportunity to grow your career and work within an industry-leading tech company.
GoDaddy is looking to recruit a Junior Linux System Administrator based in our Nottingham office, streamlining our systems and automating server management
- Monitoring alerts and urgent issues to ensure we stay within SLAs
- Managing security and backup processes
- Optimising the existing infrastructure
- Take ownership of migrations to ensure continual and uninterrupted performance
- Deploying and configuring new servers and services
- Dealing with escalations and providing support to our support departments
- Investigating and resolving internet fraud and abuse enquiries/complaints
We’re Looking for:
- Good understanding and passion for modern Linux
- Previous experience with RHEL/CentOS
- Advanced knowledge of APACHE
- Experience with MySQL Server and Database Management from the command line
- Experience with IPTABLES firewall management
- Experience with bash and command line utilities like AWK, VIM and SED
- Good understanding of server hardware and RAID configurations
- Familiar with KVM and virtualisation environments.
- Knowledge of Perl/PHP programming languages
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure
- Strong team player
- Must be proactive with can-do attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with HAProxy, HTTP, DRBD, NAGIOS/CACTI, EXIM/DOVECOT, PYTHON is desirable but essential to the role
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent office facilities at both sites
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days total per annum)
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Casual dress code
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Great opportunity for advancement within the company across a variety of roles
GoDaddy is an equal opportunity employer.
At GoDaddy, we’re in the business of hosting great ideas. We’re also in the business of building great careers! Isn’t this where you really want to be?
Click “here” and complete your application on our in-house system.